Law Offices of Helen Bloch, P.C. is seeking a Paralegal/Executive Assistant for a great opportunity in our downtown Chicago office. We offer a friendly work environment and competitive salary but no health insurance. Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience as well as familiarity with legal terminology, state and federal court filing rules, and law office protocol.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Interacting with attorneys, clients, insurance adjusters, medical providers, and all levels of personnel in a positive and professional manner
- Providing friendly and responsive customer service to a wide range of clients, from business executives to injured employees in workers’ compensation claims
- Assisting with daily workflow management including email management, scheduling and calendar management, and file maintenance
- Drafting, proofreading, and finalizing a variety of documents such as correspondence, demand letters, discovery requests and responses, motions, briefs, contracts, employment agreements, and corporate formation documents
- Maintaining corporate records for business clients including preparing annual reports and annual minutes
- Preparing monthly invoices and mailing to clients
- Drafting news articles and updating the firm’s website
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong problem solving skills and overall attention to detail
- A willingness to learn new areas of the law
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks; on the same day you could be e-filing court documents in federal court in an employment matter, handling corporate filings for our corporate clients, speaking with injured clients who have pending workers’ compensation cases, preparing client invoices, drafting notices of motion, etc.
- A willingness to work and think with independence, handle confidential information with discretion, and accept responsibility for producing work that is consistently complete, timely, effective and accurate
- Strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite for Mac
- Strong writing, proofreading, and formatting skills
If interested, please submit your resume, cover letter, and responses to the following questions:
- What, if any, hobbies do you have and how did you come to engage in the hobby?
- What, if anything, do you appreciate or enjoy about the law or legal system?
Please submit all application materials via email to: email@example.com